- The Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority and the Attorney-General’s Chambers invite members of the public to provide feedback on the Supplementary Report on Formalities in the Execution of Documents: Amendments to Companies Act and Limited Liability Partnerships Act.
- This Report proposes amendments to the Companies Act and the Limited Liability Partnerships Act to allow such entities to execute documents by the signature of certain persons, as an alternative to execution under seal, and to make other related amendments. One of the consequences is that a company and a limited liability partnership will not need a common seal to execute a document as a deed, but will have the option of having a common seal if it wishes. The Report is published jointly by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority and the Attorney-General’s Chambers as a follow up to the Report on the Proposed Instruments (Formalities) Bill published in October 2001, which is available at under Publications.
- To help facilitate a productive and focused consultation process, you are encouraged to:
- Indicate your name and organisation (if any);
- Focus on the questions for feedback; and
- Give your comments clearly and conscisely.
Please note that the feedback received may be made public unless confidentiality is specifically requested for all or part of the submission.
Period of Consultation
- The consultation exercise ends on 10 December 2010.
- Please send your feedback by e-mail to: ACRA_SEALconsult@acra.gov.sg. Please indicate ‘Public Consultation on Supplementary Report on Formalities in the Execution of Documents’ in the subject line.
- The document is available for download here (PDF,319KB) or on the AGC website at or on the REACH website: .