Bài hát vua trực tuyếnThe company is required by law to file notification of the resignation or disqualification within 14 days from the date of resignation or disqualification. This would enable ACRA to update its records of the director’s status.
When a company’s ex-director has reasonable grounds to believe that the company will not lodge a return with ACRA, he may notify ACRA of his resignation or disqualification via BizFile+.
When to Notify
Generally, the company is given 14 days to lodge the notice of cessation with ACRA after the ex-director has served his valid resignation.
The director must provide a written notice of disqualification to the company. The company in turn is required to report the disqualification to ACRA within 14 days Bài hát vua trực tuyếnafter the director becomes disqualified.
If the ex-director is aware that that there are no other officers in the company to lodge the notice (e.g. the company secretary has resigned and the other remaining director(s) are disqualified), he may notify ACRA of his valid resignation or disqualification immediately.
How to Notify
|Step 1: Log onto BizFile+
||Log onto + with your .
Select "Explore eServices". Under this heading, select "Local Company". Under "General", select the relevant notification form.
|Step 2: Select
||Select the relevant notification form from the list provided:
- Notification of Cessation (Bankruptcy)
- Notification of Cessation (Disqualification) - Applicable to Local Company and LLP
- Notification of Cessation (Resignation) - Applicable to Local Company, LLP and LP
- Notification of Leave of Court or Permission to Act from Official Assignee
|Step 3: Attach
||Attach a copy of the following documents:
- Acknowledgement from the Board of Directors / receipt of the Registered Article
- Resignation notice
- Bankruptcy statement (if applicable)
- Court order or other supporting documents for disqualification
|Step 4: Submit
||Each notification for resignation is company-specific. For example, if the director is resigning from several companies, the director must lodge a return for every company where he holds directorship.
Bài hát vua trực tuyếnThe following payment mode is accepted:
- Credit Card (Visa/Mastercard)
What to Do After Notifying ACRA
Check Notification Status
The applicant may check the status of the notification after 1 – 3 working days via:
- BizFile+ – under “Transaction Status Enquiry”
- Email – the outcome will be sent by email if an email address was provided to ACRA
Wait for a Response
ACRA may contact the ex-director or other relevant parties to verify his resignation or disqualification claim.
It may not be possible for ACRA to respond in 3 working days in cases where a more detailed investigation are needed.
Consequences of Non-notification
Failure to Notify ACRA
The company and every officer of the company who fails to report a director’s resignation or disqualification may each:
- be liable to a default penalty if the offence continues after conviction
Bài hát vua trực tuyếnThe person will remain as a director in ACRA’s records until the notification is lodged. This means he is still responsible for managing the company.
Please seek professional advice if you are unsure about the legal duties and liabilities of the company and its officers.